The Geneseo Virtual Lab gives users access to a Windows based computer in the cloud with many of the academic and productivity software packages that are licensed at Geneseo installed on it.
How to Login
- Once logged in, click on the Computer Icon under the "Virtual Desktops" header
- If prompted with an "Access local resources" screen, check File transfer and then click Allow
- When prompted to Enter your credentials, type in your Geneseo email and password
- The virtual desktop will now launch, you may receive a black screen for up to 1 minute while the desktop loads
Using the Virtual Lab
- Double click a software icon on the desktop to launch the software you want to use
- To Upload Files from your local computer
- Click on the Arrow icon in the upper right corner of the remote desktop window
- Choose the file you wish to upload
- Open File Explorer and navigate to This PC
- You should see a drive listed called Remote Desktop Virtual Drive
- The uploads will be in an Uploads folder
- Alternatively, use Google Drive or OneDrive to upload/download files as needed
To logoff, choose from one of the following options
Right-click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner, click on Shut down or sign out and then click on Sign out or Disconnect.
- Double click the Log Off icon on the desktop
- Click your name in the upper right hand corner and choose Sign Out
Close the web browser window.
The following applications are available for use in the Geneseo Virtual Lab
- ArcGIS Desktop
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- TI-Nspire CX CAS Student Software
The WVD Geneseo Virtual Lab is intended primarily for student use. Other members of the campus community may make use of this solution but it may be limited to student centered access.
Logging into MS Office
- Once you have opened an Office 365 Application in the WVD Virtual Lab, you may need to sign in
- Click on the Sign in button
- Type in your Geneseo email address, then click Next
- If necessary enter your Geneseo password, then click Sign in