Geneseo's learning outcomes and assessment methods in this area meet SUNY's standards for strengthened campus-based assessment.
Learning Outcomes for Mathematics (Numeric and Symbolic Reasoning)
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to convert a problem into a setting using symbolic notation;
- the ability to connect and find relationships among symbolic quantities;
- the ability to construct an appropriate symbolic framework;
- the ability to carry out algorithmic and logical procedures to resolution;
- the ability to draw valid conclusions from numeric/symbolic evidence.