B.A. in Geochemistry (Curriculum Map) (GLOBE Outcomes Map)
Learning Outcomes in Geological Sciences
- Identify, describe, and interpret Earth materials, and evaluate their physical, geometric, and temporal relationships.
- Recognize and interpret the origin and evolution of erosional or constructional landscapes (e.g., fluvial, glacial, arid, coastal, volcanic, deformational) within the context of modern tectonics and climatic concepts.
- Recognize and utilize the laws of superposition and faunal succession in deciphering Earth history.
- Use appropriate field and analytical tools for the purpose of data collection and analysis.
- Critically evaluate data and interpretations, and succinctly communicate data and observations using spreadsheets, graphical and/or spatial analysis tools.
- Access and utilize the geologic literature.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written formats as well as be comfortable with the language of geology.
- Create, read, and interpret topographic maps, geologic maps, and cross-sections.