B.A. in Communication (Curriculum Map)
Learning Outcomes in Communication
- Effective speaking skills: Students will demonstrate competency in the effective oral presentation of original ideas and supporting material.
- Effective writing skills: Students will demonstrate competency in the effective written presentation of original ideas and supporting material.
- Effective research skills: Students will demonstrate competency in the process of locating and accessing material for use in a written or oral report.
- Co-curricular participation: Students will participate in at least one co-curricular experience outside of class that provides an opportunity for the application of communication concepts and skills.
- Theoretical understanding: Students will exhibit the ability to describe and explain key theoretical concepts from the chosen track of the student.
- Theoretical application: Students will be able to discuss how they have appropriately applied a communication theory or concept in a professional or co-curricular context.
An overview of all the department assessment requirements is attached for anyone to reference and adapt as is helpful.