B.A. in Biochemistry (Curriculum Map) (GLOBE Outcomes Map)
Learning Outcomes in Chemistry
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts in chemistry and its subdisciplines, including physical, organic, inorganic, biochemistry, and analytical chemistry.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to design, carry out, and interpret the results of an experiment in all 5 subdisciplines of chemistry, including the determination and reporting of experimental uncertainties.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to design and carry out a synthetic scheme including the full structural characterization of the products.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate (both orally and written) the results of an experiment including the use modern library searching and retrieval methods to obtain information about a topic, chemical, chemical technique, or an issue relating to chemistry.
- Students will demonstrate that they know and can follow the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling, use, and disposal of chemicals.