The Global Education Advisory Committee supports the work of the Office of International Education and assists in the planning and assessment of our efforts in global education.
Geneseo has offered study abroad programs for over thirty years; a decade ago, the decision was made to begin to internationalize the campus, and we have achieved some success. Ten years ago, Geneseo administered 6 programs; last year, 32 programs were offered. Over the same period, the numbers of students who study abroad annually has risen from 285 to 489, and program locations have expanded into Latin America and the Caribbean, Russia, East Asia, and Africa. The number of international students has increased from 2 to 140.
The purpose of the Global Education Advisory Committee is to help us continue and extend this successful trajectory so that we can engage students in learning that helps them develop intercultural perspectives and skills for global citizenship.
The Committee’s charge includes:
- Reviewing the ACE Internationalization Lab report and recommending implementation actions
- Advising the Provost and Assistant Provost regarding matters of policy and strategic planning related to internationalization
- Identifying opportunities for international curriculum and academic program coordination, development, and enhancement
- Participating in the assessment of off-campus programs and partnerships (domestic and international)
- Participating in the assessment of campus climate for international students, faculty, and staff