Travel Letters allow staff members to manage student absences due to a particular activity. Travel Letters help you notify both students and/or professors when a student will miss Courses and/or Appointments as a result of traveling.
Creating and Sending Travel Letters
- Log into EAB Navigate with your Geneseo credentials
- Click on Travel Letters in the Quick Links menu on the Staff Home page
- Click on Travel Letter in the Actions menu to create a new travel letter
- Enter the appropriate information on the Create New page
- Name of Travel letter (use descriptive language to recognize each letter if they are needed to be changed)
- Select Team(s) from the Categories List
- Travel Start and End Times
- Check the box to Include all registered courses for selected students
- Subject of Email (sent to faculty and students)
- Body (update as needed)
- Letterhead (only needed for printed letters)
- Click Save Travel Letter
- Review each tab to ensure all athletes are selected and observe classes and appointments that will be missed
- Send travel letters
- Click on the Professors tab
- Click the checkbox(s) to the left of the professors' names. The top checkbox will select all professors on the list.
- Click on the Actions menu above the list of professors
- Click on Send Travel letters
More Information and Questions
There is a wealth of information available in the Navigate Community and Help Center. To access those resources, click on the ? in Navigate and search for "travel letters" in the Help Center. For all questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.