Project Name, City, State Dates
Course Name (Numbers not needed)
- Project Details
- Project Details
Literary Magazine Prototype Assignment, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY Spring 20XX
Editing and Production
- Collaborated with three other students to create a new literary magazine mission and aesthetic.
- Wrote a detailed manifesto explaining where our journal fits into the literary landscape.
- Created a call for submissions about the style, content, genres, and quality the journal will look for.
- Constructed a marketing plan involving the use of social media and advertising to tell people about the journal.
- Designed a mock cover page using Canva.
Applied Statistics Research Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Applied Statistics; Fall 20XX
- Collaborated with three other students to create a research proposal on the impact of caffeine/coffee on sleep.
- Conducted a survey across the Geneseo campus community via Google form to obtain results.
- Used Excel and RStudio to analyze data, revealing a 15% correlation between less sleep and more caffeine.
Presentation on Animal Physiology, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Animal Physiology Spring 20XX
- Conducted research using scientific journals to gain insight into the adaptation and evolutionary processes of different species.
- Developed a scientific question to structure the presentation and wrote a three paragraph topic proposal summary in APA format.
- Presented a 10 minute talk during weekly class sessions to summarize findings and answer questions on the topic.
- Received recommendation from professor to present research at Eastern Colleges Science Conference
Topology Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Topology Spring 20XX
- Selected a specific topology area of interest to understand the properties of a certain shape.
- Wrote a 3 page paper on the chosen topic to demonstrate the change in those properties.
- Gave a 15 minute oral presentation with a slideshow to the class.
- Received recommendation from professor to present at Geneseo Recognizing Excellence, Achievement & Talent (GREAT) Day.
Marketing Campaign Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Foundations of Media Writing; Fall 20XX
- Collaborated with four students to create a marketing campaign for a product or service of our choosing.
- Wrote a social media script, screenplay, and article to promote our product: Rice Krispies cereal.
- Created a radio spot and radio promo advertisement based on our idea.
- Designed a virtual storyboard using StoryBoard That website.
- Presented commercial idea and marketing plan to the class.
Personal Brand Project, SUNY Geneseo,Geneseo, NY
Visual Communication, Spring 20XX
- Designed an image to define myself as a creative professional using Adobe Photoshop.
- Wrote an “About Me” summary to succinctly describe a few experiences and what word I wish to portray myself as.
Service Learning Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY Spring 20XX
- Collaborated with three other students to develop a sustainable land management project based on 17 acres bordering the village of Geneseo.
- Conducted research on community and environmental impacts as well as climate and local plant life.
- Discussed different uses for land, such as educational or recreational, that will benefit the people in the village.
- Presented plan to the Genesee Valley Conservancy with slides and designed poster to be used as additional resource.
Flint Water Crisis Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY Fall 20XX
- Worked with three other students to choose an environmental issue that has economic consequences.
- Researched the Flint Water Crisis and its impacts on the economy and environment to write 6-8 page collaborative paper.
- Presented with fellow group members on topic for 15 minutes.
Mars Perseverance Rover Landing Site Project, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Planetary Geology Fall 20XX
- Analyzed imagery, thermal data, and topography for the surface of Mars to identify a suitable landing site for a future rover mission.
- Researched the habitability of an ancient civilization to search for evidence of past life and study rock materials.
- Created a geological map using ArcGIS of the landing ellipses and craterstats-constructed diagram
- Wrote a 10 page paper on why the landing site was chosen and presented findings for 8 minutes.
Ethnographic Portrait, SUNY Geneseo, Geneseo, NY Fall 20XX
- Interviewed a first-generation immigrant to understand their decision to immigrate to America.
- Conducted additional research to connect class topics with answers provided by the interviewee to understand different cultures.
- Wrote a 7 page paper detailing the interview results and methodologies of writing an ethnographic portrait.